It’s November, which means it’s time to enjoy your family and friends and practice being grateful for everything good in life. If you’ve been invited to celebrate Thanksgiving or Friendsgiving at someone else’s home, don’t forget to properly thank your host with a gift. At Phoenix Flower Shops, serving Phoenix and the surrounding areas, our florists have compiled a thorough list of thoughtful gift ideas to help you show your appreciation for your Thanksgiving host this year.
Why Host Gifts Are Essential
Hostess gifts are the traditional and standard way to thank hosts for their hospitality. Arriving with a gift is good manners — even if you’re invited to a potluck-style dinner. It still takes a lot of work to plan, organize, and prepare one’s home to welcome guests. Be sure to bring a gift that shows how much you appreciate your friend or family member’s invitation.
Great Gift Ideas for Any Thanksgiving or Friendsgiving Host
Gorgeous Fall Flowers Arrangement – Fields of Fall
Friendsgiving is a special day set aside for buddies to enjoy each other’s company over a Thanksgiving dinner-like meal. It’s usually scheduled for the Wednesday before or after Thanksgiving and is less formal than a traditional holiday celebration. As a result, fun’s always on the table. So, feel free to get creative when choosing your friend’s hostess gift.
- Candles designed to smell like the best part of the season (pie)
- A cheerfully festive floral arrangement in a keepsake container
- A set of comical fridge magnets
- A new yoga matt to encourage a healthy holiday season
- A game to play after dinner
- Kitschy oven mitts
- Bath bombs to help your friend unwind after everyone’s gone home
2. Thanksgiving with Your In-Laws
The beauty of Fall Flowers – Giving Thanks Lantern Centerpiece
Box of Chocolates
Whether it’s your first time joining them for Thanksgiving or a tradition you’ve been a part of for years, you should still bring a host gift for your in-laws. A tastefully chosen gift will convey your gratitude for their hospitality with sincerity. After all, they’re welcoming you into their home, family, and their holiday traditions.
- A uniquely beautiful autumn centerpiece featuring a keepsake element they can enjoy for years to come
- A nice bottle of wine paired with a new aerator, opener, or set of wine glass charms
- Gourmet coffee to brew after dinner
- A delectable box of hand-made chocolates or macarons
- Whiskey stones and a special bottle of spirits
- An essential oil diffuser and a nice holiday scent
- High-quality serving utensils since everyone always needs extra on Thanksgiving
3. Thanksgiving with Your Family
If you’re celebrating Thanksgiving Day at your parents’ or grandparents’ house, it’s still important to bring a gift — no matter how at-home and comfortable you feel. Show them your appreciation with a gift they can enjoy after the holiday or something that will help everyone make happy Thanksgiving Day memories.
- Sparkling cider, so everyone has something special to sip
- Hydrating hand soap to prevent the spread of holiday germs
- New toys to occupy the household pets
- A set of cookie cutters in festive shapes
- Decorative dish towels
- A children’s activity, such as a not-too-messy craft project
- A homemade pie baked in a festive, keepsake pie plate
The One Hostess Gift That Will Never Fail
If you’re still not sure what to get your Thanksgiving host or hostess, we recommend a potted plant, floral arrangement, or floral centerpiece because flowers are always in style and are an appropriate gift for any host. If you choose flowers, avoid purchasing a freshly cut bouquet, as your host will have to find time while entertaining to trim the stems and put the flowers in water. Instead, purchase an arrangement that’s all ready to go!
We welcome you to stop by any Phoenix Flower Shops location for personal assistance and recommendations for selecting a gift for your Thanksgiving or Friendsgiving host.